To wake up in the morning during winter can be very hard for some of us, especially on our day off. The grey February day view from the window and unpleasant temperatures just keep us in our lovely, still warm bed for as long as possible.
Till that moment where you take control of your day. Smile to yourself, stretch your arms and take a deep breath.
- Grab a cup of warm water to warm up and hydrate your body. Turn the heat on and take a quick 5-7 minute shower.
- Every Saturday evening is a great time to prepare overnight porridge, full of vitamins, minerals and fibre. Use your imagination, fresh or dry fruits, coconut or rice milk, water or fresh juice, nuts or seeds, cacao or moringa powder and fill your body with good nutrients.
My proposition for this Sunday morning is full of vitamin C and fibre.
Energizing Overnight Porridge
- 24g = 4 tablespoons of oats - 87 kcal, 13.1g of Carbohydrates, 3.2g of Protein, 1.7g of Fat
- 5g dry goldenberries - 15,1 kcal, 2g of Carbohydrates, 0.6g of Protein, 0.08g of Fat
- 5g dry pineapple - 16 kcal, 3.5g of Carbohydrates, 0.17g of Protein, 0.1g of Fat
- 5g dry blueberries - 10 kcal, 2g of Carbohydrates, 0.5g of Protein, 0.01g of Fat
- 5g chia seeds- 22.20 kcal, 0.25g of Carbohydrates, 1.06g of Protein, 1.57g of Fat
- 1 fresh orange - 90kcal, 18.3g of Carbohydrates, 1.4g of Protein, 0.4g of Fat
- Squeeze a fresh orange.
- In the jar mix together oats and orange juice with pulp.
- On top of that put 1 teaspoon of chia seeds and add 4 teaspoons of water.
- Seal the jar tightly and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning add toppings like dry golden berries, dry pineapple and dry blueberries.
(Dry fruits are a great source of proteins, vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre but be sure to avoid dried fruits with additives such as sugar, and sweeteners like an apple or pineapple juice.)
- Let your porridge warm up ( around 15 min.) at room temperature before eating.
When your body is full of good nutrients, it is time to heat some grapefruit aromatherapy oils, prepare your mat and say that today will be a good day
Fuel your body with energy from morning yoga or short stretching exercises.
Good Morning :)