Figs are a beautiful fruit. They have a unique taste and texture. They are sweet, chewy and rich in fibre, magnesium, manganese, sodium, potassium, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and K.
I prepared 2 lovely and interesting breakfast ideas with figs for you. These fruits are brilliant to create desserts, toasts and fruit salads with.
Let me share my 2 favourite breakfast ideas with figs with you. They are simple, full of nutrients and can help you to create your figs-favourite breakfast.
Green vs Violet Salad:
- A handful of Watercress, Spinach and Rocket Salad
- A handful of sprouts
- 5 plum tomatoes - 15 kcal, 3.6g of Carbohydrates, 0.9g of Protein, 0.2g of Fat
- 2-3 fresh figs - 103 kcal, 26.9 g of Carbohydrates, 1g of Protein, 0.4g of Fat
- Mozzarella balls = 100g - 246kcal, 1.5g of Carbohydrates, 18g of Protein, 18.5g of Fat
- Fresh Basil
- Mixed seeds (pumpkin, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Olive oil
Porridge with figs, mango and blueberries. Full of Vitamin C!
- 50g oats - 185 kcal, 27.5g of Carbohydrates, 7g of Protein, 4g of Fat
- (or 50g quinoa flakes - 169 kcal, 38.84g of Carbohydrates, 6.84g of Protein, 3.23g of Fat)
- 40g fresh blueberries - 18 kcal, 4.9g of Carbohydrates, 0.2g of Protein, 0.2g of Fat
- 50g mango - 32.5 kcal, 7.6g of Carbohydrates, 0.3g of Protein, 0.1g of Fat
- 2 fresh figs - 103.6 kcal, 26.9g of Carbohydrates, 1g of Protein, 0.4g of fat
- 2 teaspoon organic dark cacao
- Mix 50g of oats with water and 2 teaspoons cacao in a pod and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and transfer to the bowl
- Top with blueberries, mango and figs!