With Lipoedema you need to be careful about what you eat, we must avoid sugar especially - but what do you do if you need a sugar splurge?
Pick a wonderful strawberry mousse.
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, fibre and antioxidants.
- Mango is an excellent source of Vitamin A, C, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine) and vitamin E.
- Pomegranate seeds are rich in fibre, vitamin K and Potassium
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 15 strawberries / 250g -72.50 kcal, 11.78g of Carbohydrates, 1.53g of Protein, 0.93g of Fat
- 1/2 mango= 100g - 65 kcal, 15.20g of Carbohydrates, 0.51g of Protein, 0.27g of Fat
- 10g coconut flakes - 66 kcal, 2.40g of Carbohydrates 0.69g of Protein, 6.50g of Fat
- 1 Tbsp = 20g pomegranate seeds - 16.60 kcal, 3.74g of Carbohydrates, 0.34 g of Protein, 0.24g of Fat
- 4 dry plums =20g - 50.80kcal, 12.20g of Carbohydrates, 0.51 g of Protein, 0.0g of Fat
- 1 portion - 135.45 kcal, 22.66g of Carbohydrates, 1.79 g of Protein, 3.97g of Fat
- Blitz 200g of strawberries in a blender with 1/2 mango and 5g of coconut flakes until smooth.
- Divide between 2 small serving glasses.
- Finish with a garnish: Chop 3 strawberries and 4 dry plums together. Add 20g of pomegranate seeds and 5g of coconut flakes on top. #yummy
Remember, we should enjoy the food that we eat. It should look, smell and taste good.
I always try to be grateful that I can prepare delicious and healthy food for myself and others. Food that has been supplemented and eaten with care tastes much better:)