When Autumn starts, my kitchen is full of garlic, turmeric, chilli and ginger - exactly like my carrot soup.
Full of vitamins, spices, and taste, Ginger is very effective in enhancing immune function. Garlic is packed with antioxidants and turmeric is an amazing antidepressant - perfect for long Autumn evenings.
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 400g =3 big(or 5 small) carrots - 108kcal, 20.40g of Carbohydrates, 4g of Protein, 0.8g of Fat
- 40g leek - 24,40kcal, 4.94g of Carbohydrates, 0.6g of Protein, 0.12g of Fat
- 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 teaspoon sunflower oil -85kcal, 0g of Carbohydrates 0g of Protein, 10g of Fat
- 2x clove of fresh garlic - 15 kcal, 3,10g of Carbohydrates, 0.64g of Protein, 0.05g of Fat
- 7g of Fresh ginger root - 3.5 kcal, 0.63g of Carbohydrates, 0.07g of Protein, 0.7g of Fat
- 25g fresh parsley (leaves) - 11kcl, 0.25g of Carbohydrates, 0.19g of Protein, 0.25g of Fat
- 5g coriander (leaves) -2.20 kcal, 0.05g of Carbohydrates, 0.19g of Protein, 0.05g of Fat
- Himalayan salt, chilli, Turmeric
- Heat sunflower oil in a pot over small heat.
- Add grated ginger and 1 grated clove of garlic
- Leave on 50 seconds then add shredded leek and keep together for the next 50 seconds. Stir the whole time
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water
- Slice carrot and add it to the mixture
- After 15 mins, add the second grated clove of garlic along with turmeric powder, Himalayan salt, shredded parsley, coriander and chilli
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes
- When the carrots are soft, stir and blend everything together
- Serve with toast and 1 spoon of Greek yoghurt
Remember, we should enjoy the food that we eat. It should look, smell and taste good.
My ladies, make your meal with passion and serve it like an art.