When Autumn starts, my kitchen is full of garlic, turmeric, chilli and ginger - exactly like my carrot soup.
Full of vitamins, spices, and taste, Ginger is very effective in enhancing immune function. Garlic is packed with antioxidants and turmeric is an amazing antidepressant - perfect for long Autumn evenings.
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 400g =3 big(or 5 small) carrots - 108kcal, 20.40g of Carbohydrates, 4g of Protein, 0.8g of Fat
- 40g leek - 24,40kcal, 4.94g of Carbohydrates, 0.6g of Protein, 0.12g of Fat
- 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 teaspoon sunflower oil -85kcal, 0g of Carbohydrates 0g of Protein, 10g of Fat
- 2x clove of fresh garlic - 15 kcal, 3,10g of Carbohydrates, 0.64g of Protein, 0.05g of Fat
- 7g of Fresh ginger root - 3.5 kcal, 0.63g of Carbohydrates, 0.07g of Protein, 0.7g of Fat
- 25g fresh parsley (leaves) - 11kcl, 0.25g of Carbohydrates, 0.19g of Protein, 0.25g of Fat
- 5g coriander (leaves) -2.20 kcal, 0.05g of Carbohydrates, 0.19g of Protein, 0.05g of Fat
- Himalayan salt, chilli, Turmeric
- Heat sunflower oil in a pot over small heat.
- Add grated ginger and 1 grated clove of garlic
- Leave on 50 seconds then add shredded leek and keep together for the next 50 seconds. Stir the whole time
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water
- Slice carrot and add it to the mixture
- After 15 mins, add the second grated clove of garlic along with turmeric powder, Himalayan salt, shredded parsley, coriander and chilli
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes
- When the carrots are soft, stir and blend everything together
- Serve with toast and 1 spoon of Greek yoghurt
I always try to be grateful that I can prepare delicious and healthy food for myself and others. Food that has been supplemented and eaten with care tastes much better:)