Posts in "Lifestyle with Lipoedema" Category
In short, Yes. Lipoedema changed my life.
Changed my point of view on what is essential in our lives. Because of my condition, I understood how powerful my minds are and how vital my self acceptation is.
Comparing our self to perfect Instagram pictures wasn’t the best thing to do.
In the beginning, I was putting myself into a deep depression mood just because my legs are bigger than somebody else. I was putting myself into the victim position because of daily pain and no understanding around. I quit my job because I couldn’t stand on my feet all day. But when sadness and anger didn’t help, I realised that if my body is in pain, I’m the only one who can support them.
April morning came with a chill, grey sky.
It was cold, though the early spring air burst through the tilted window to bring freshness to the closed walls and the singing of birds spread loud and clear through the empty streets.
Lying on the exercise mat I immediately move to a beautiful, fragrant, green meadow.
Inhale… exhale… hmm, silence.
The week is over-no doubt about it. Our legs ( mind and soul ) need a little bit of rest, love and care.
Lipoedema Skin (skin- body’s largest organ ) is very sensitive and needs a lot of treatments to be moisturized, smooth and healthy.
It is good to avoid using cosmetics which contains perfumes, parabens, aluminium, SLS or other inorganic ingredients.
You can Pop into your kitchen and create your own homemade beauty treats :
- I Love food. I love mindful eating. I fuel my body with good nutrients and provide it with enough water to be able to fully function every day
- I love my legs. They are a part of my wonderful body, which I provide love to every day. I take care of my legs, moisturize them, stretch my muscles and give them rest.
- I know how to deal with pain. I know this is the only information that my body sends to me. I examine them and find solutions to soothe the pain. I do baths with essential oils, I use Magnesium flakes or Epsom salt. Warm shower massage. I eat the right food. I do yoga and basic stretching. I am aware of my own relationship with the body.
- I am open to help and receive positive energy from my environment. I read I love books. I am full of peace, inspiration and joy thanks to them. I’m talking about Lipoedema and I share my experience. I try to educate every day. I am grateful for the help and a good word.
- I know my value. I do not care about malicious comments. Life is too beautiful and interesting to waste our energy on anger and despair. I turn every negative experience into positive. I learn from it but I do not think about it for a long time
- I am grateful for all the good I have
With love Nutrition vs Lipoedema.
To wake up in the morning during winter time is very hard for some of us, especially on our day off. Grey February day view from the window and unpleasant temperature is just keeping us in our lovely, still warm bed, as long as possible.
Till that moment -when your feet touch the floor- you, your body and soul knows – it’s time to start your day. Smile to yourself , stretch your arms, take a deep breath, and say : that will be my day.
How did I know about my condition?
For the entire maturation period, I had a feeling, that my legs look different. Often hurt, bruise easily, and they seemed to be bigger and bigger every single year with the column-like look.
It didn’t bother me that much until 2015 when I noticed that the knee area began to swell and the pain was getting more and more severe. It was a sign that I need to go to a specialist.
Welcome to ” Lifestyle with Lipoedema”– the category which is designed to talk about us- Lipoedema sisters. Every one of you has a story to tell, especially about our medical condition. We all know the fact as a Lipodema is a painful fat disorder and if left untreated can cause multiple secondary health problems. That’s why we will be talking about active and mental treatment – Specifically, focused on: How to create our own lifestyle and feel better about yourself